Years ago websites started posting FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions – as a way of helping those on the site seeking answers to a variety of items. Somehow I felt that FAQ meant ‘Frequently ANSWERED Questions’ because that was the point: Answer the freakin’ questions! But sometimes the questions that you WANTED to ask never got answered. So therefore you never saw those questions show up in an FAQ list.
But if you think about it, there are a lot of Frequently ASKED Questions that go unanswered. Or maybe in this case they’re INFrequently Asked Questions. Either way, it presents an opportunity to see what some of those questions are…
Maybe you have answers for these?
- What’s the theme song for a tradeshow manager?
- How much sleep will I get when I’m in Vegas for the show? Will it matter?
- Why do attendees ask such dumb questions? And why did my parents try to convince me that there’s no such thing as a stupid question?
- Will the airlines ever actually give me a decent meal again in my lifetime?
- What has the charge for extra luggage gone up to since the last time I booked a flight?
- Where’s my freakin’ exhibit!?? It should have been here yesterday!
- Why did I leave most of my business cards back at the office?
- Why did I let my spouse convince me that since the show is in Anaheim we should double up, bring the kids and tag a couple of extra days on the trip at Disneyland?
- How will I ever get away with giving my list of uncategorized leads to the sales department without them getting totally ticked at me?
- Why is it that the most uncomfortable shoes I have are the ones I brought to wear all day at the show?
- Where are those receipts I need for my expense report?
- Why do those graphics look crappy here at the show when they looked fine at the office?
- Where are our product samples?
- Why does our hired ‘professional’ presenter have such bloodshot eyes?
- The C-level celebrity wants HOW MUCH to appear at our booth?!
- The drayage bill was HOW MUCH?!
- You’re not going to put THAT photo on Facebook, are you?
- Why didn’t you tell me the CEO was coming?
- Can you make that espresso a double?
- Can you make that martini a double?
No doubt you can add your own questions to our Exhibitor’s FAQ…feel free!
Tweets that mention Here are today's Top 20 Tradeshow Exhibitor FAQs (not what you'd expect): -- Topsy.com ,
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Tim Patterson, 3DEXHIBITS. 3DEXHIBITS said: RT @tradeshowguy: Here are today's Top 20 Tradeshow Exhibitor FAQs (not what you'd expect): http://budurl.com/vguv […]
20 Tradeshow Exhibitor FAQs « Expopedia ,
[…] June 3, 2010 Years ago websites started posting FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions – as a way of helping those on the site seeking answers to a variety of items. Somehow I felt that FAQ meant ‘Frequently ANSWERED Questions … Continue reading … […]
Mel White ,
21. Who put the Atomic Fireballs in the candy bowl?
22. What’s that smell?
23. (In Vegas) Do you think she wears that to church/PTA Meetings/business meetings back home?
24. What does your company do?
25. Why are you in my booth (to a not-so-friendly competitor)?
Tim Patterson ,
Hilarious…keep ’em coming!